Monday, 1 September 2008

Driving me crazy!

So what do you do when your toddler acts like a naughty pre-schooler? I'm caught between thinking she can't possibly be doing that on purpose and seeing the look on her face that tells me she knows EXACTLY what she is doing.
She hates being in the buggy but won't walk with us, she is ok on reins but i feel like i'm walking a dog. She has no fear of anything, she will walk in a completely different direction with no worry about being left or getting lost - Kayne definiatly had that at the same age.
She has been driving me crazy the past few days. I'm not sure if a cognative spurt is coming/going on or that she is just acting her age. She keeps hitting, throwing things, jumping on people. I feel a spurt is likely, Lani is eating loads, waking up at night with nightmares, we are reading loads of board books every morning. She keeps coming out with words that i didn't know she knew.
Today we went to town with my mum. We were having lunch and she pointed to a cup and said;
Tea hot
Yes Lani, Nannies and Mummys' are hot.
(she pointed to each of our cups in turn) one, two - hot!

Sat in her high chair yesterday;
Ayns hair
daddads hair
mamas hair
MY HAIR!!!

We have also gained, 'my' 'I' and 'its', 'duper why!' (Super Why) and several more that i haven't remembered. She is becoming clearer too, i am finding that the jargon is beoming words now. So instead of; word jargon word it has become word word jargon word. If that makes sense. I'd like to increase her Spanish too but i have no idea how to, i don't speak anymore than they do.

I am finding Lani very hard to occupy. She doesn't like to pretend much, she doesn't sit still for more than 2 minutes. She would love to be outside, free, in the mud and dirt and everything, but we just can't do that all the time.

No comments: